Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tokyo! Again

I reached Tokyo this evening and was welcomed by good food and old friends. It's nostalgic, being back in my old "hometown," but I already miss Hirata Village and the kind people there. I can honestly say I was one of the luckiest English teachers in Japan. My students were well-behaved, my coworkers were polite and engaging, and life was simple. I will miss teaching English. But I also know I couldn't have done it forever. Unfortunately, I can't have it both ways.

Until I return to America on April 3rd, I will be visiting friends in Tokyo and taking in some last-minute sights. The flower-viewing season has just begun, so if I'm lucky I will be able to see some cherry blossoms in bloom, something I've always wanted to do. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment