Sunday, March 18, 2012

1980's Party


I decided to end my stay in Japan with some fun memories. I dressed up and drove over to Koriyama, the "Portland" to my "Keizer." My friend had invited me to an 80's party at the local venue, Sharp 9. These types of parties are held every couple of months, hosted by foreigners. While the crowd is usually 90% foreigners/teachers, Japanese people will also come to hang out with friends and practice their English.

I dressed up in the style of Miami Vice. Don Johnson has always been a personal hero of mine. At a young age, I was inspired by his story. He worked his way up through the ranks of the Miami PD while combating drug trafficking and prostitution. At the same time, he was forced to fight popular social trends. Eventually he won the freedom to wear casual t-shirts with suits and shoes without socks.

The party was a great cap to the end of my tenure in Japan. I met some old friends, had some drinks, and listened to a really cool Japanese band play my favorite 80's songs. How can you go wrong when you have three guys dressed in afros rocking out on saxaphones?

No comments:

Post a Comment