Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blogging and Bloggers




blog
n.
Short for weblog.
A meandering, blatantly uninteresting online diary that gives the author the illusion that people are interested in their stupid, pathetic life. Consists of such riveting entries as "homework sucks" and "I slept until noon today."
(via Urban Dictionary)

I can't attest to whether I am a good blogger or not. Neither can I objectively judge whether my exploits are interesting to the casual web-surfer. Search engines like Google have made finding information incredibly simple, even if the validity of said information is occasionally dubious. My honest goal is to write something that will help another person in the future. "Hey, that guy went through the same thing I'm going through, and he turned out alright!"

I really owe it to the internet for giving me access to a lot of the information I required to set up this half-year exodus. Special thanks goes to the bloggers. Their life lessons, whether mundane or spectacular, have prepared me for this trip because they've gone through all of the little fiascoes that constitute moving to a foreign land and living by oneself. Though perhaps their entries were long-winded or dull, the content was of a vital importance to my planning.

The first time I visited Japan, I was so mistaken about the content of the country that culture shock hit me like a brick. I was completely unprepared for the reality of the situation and it almost drowned me in details. This time, thanks not only to my previous experiences but also to the research I've invested into my prep work, I think I'll have a much easier time.

No comments:

Post a Comment